Copyright

© All pictures and text are mine. So please don't use them without my permission.


July 14, 2014

Summer vacation

Summer vacation started one week ago and to get the ultimate summer feeling I painted my toe nails. I really do like to walk barefoot and from the beginning of May until the end of September I try not to wear socks.
Almost all week we spent at our cottage to get away from neighbours and traffic, and we were lucky enough to have sunny days! So I took my New York quilt and sat down to quilt for some afternoons.
I am almost done now. As you can see the threads that keep the three layers together are mostly removed. Only those parts were you see them I have to quilt. I started to quilt the border also. Do you see the words New York in it? To get those letters onto the quilt I made a template first.
To prepare myself for winter I have one sock done. I don't wear them in my shoes, but when I come home from work I like to wear hand knitted socks. They are warm and comfortable. On to the second one!

2 comments:

Saskia Smit said...

Gave quilt!

Nana's Quilts said...

Lovely pink summer toes. I love them. And your quilt is grand - how fun to have all those memories wrapped up there. And I haven't forgotten our visiting plans.
Hugs,
Marne

Blogarchive