Copyright

© All pictures and text are mine. So please don't use them without my permission.


July 21, 2014

Hot, really hot!

Yeah, my summer vacation began two weeks ago and from that moment summer came in! This week it has been hot, really hot (considering The Netherlands). All I have to show you is the story of a sock ;) On July 10th I started to knit The Acrobat.
I knitted one sock and casted on the second. And then we went for a short trip to Hilversum. We stayed there for three nights in a lovely hotel and visited the Weversmarkt at Hoorn. And my second sock went with me. I kept it in my bag, carrying it all the way. And, surprisingly, it stayed in my bag. I didn't knit a single row that day. At the Weversmarkt (Weavers Market, a yearly wool event) I noticed some beautiful things. This wool is dyed after the palette of Van Gogh's Sunflowers. Beautiful! Green isn't my colour, but I regret not buying one of those skeins!
Some other pictures of lovely things that catched my eye.
After the Weversmarkt we went to Volendam. And my sock went with me. Without any knitting ;-)

The next day we went for a trip to Amsterdam. And my sock went with me again.
We visited the Begijnhof and went for a walk through the inner city.
At the end of a lovely day we went by tram to the Vondelpark. There we sat down to give our sore feet a rest and to enjoy the park with playing children and dogs. 
And then I was happy I brought my sock!
The next day we went to Bergen aan Zee to visit some friends. Coming home late at night, the next morning we went out of town again to spend the day at our cottage. And there I knitted ....
And finished my socks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I do love those socks!! And it's lovely to see a Dutch summer. :)

Pauline said...

Wat een heerlijke uitstapjes, wat een mooie plaatjes en twee sokken af, dat is lang niet gek, ik ben benieuwd wat je deze week allemaal gedaan hebt.

Blogarchive