Copyright

© All pictures and text are mine. So please don't use them without my permission.


March 03, 2014

Had a great week!

Last week I had a great week, free from work, so DH and I decided to go away for some days. We found a rather good deal at a hotel at Antwerp, Belgium. So Tuesday morning  we left and arrived at the hotel at 14.00 pm. We parked the car, checked in and went outside to explore part of the inner city.
We walkes until 17.00 pm and then it started to rain and didn't stop. Walking in the rain isn't fun,  so we got us a dinner at a restaurant and went to see a movie.
After a good night sleep we explored some other parts of the city, visited two musea, had dinner again and spent the evening at the hotel, giving our feet some rest ;-)
As usual I show you some pictures of our trip at the end of this post.
During the ride from our city to Antwerp and back I was able to knit. My cowl, Canadian Lover is finished!
Coming home, we had some days left before work was calling, so I did some stitching and spinning.
Call of the Raven grows steadily.There only are 12 pages left unstitched, so I really hope I can finish her this year!
My borders are also done this week.
As for spinning, I really get a thin thread and I like doing it! This is a beautiful gray with different tones in it.
And as promised, here are some pictures of our trip to Antwerp. The Grand Market, Vlaaikensgang, a LNS, Museam Plantin-Moretus and a walk through the Bell Epoque Quartier.

5 comments:

Creative Chaos said...

Zo, jij bent lekker opgeschoten met je borduurwerken en je col ziet er heerlijk warm uit .... lekker om in het Antwerpse te wandelen , een gave stad !!!
je gesponnen draad is ook prachtig , ik doe het je niet na :-)
liefs, Patti

Marne said...

You two are quite the travelers. It is such fun to get to see different places and what is unique about them. You know I love it, too. Very nice photos, indeed. And all your creative work - prima!
Greetings to all.
Marne

Chris said...

It looks like you had a wonderful time in Antwerp, the pics are great.
Lovely stitching, I love all of the borders.

Giovanna said...

Congrats on finishing the cowl, and nice going on the WIPs. Glad you had a good time in Antwerp, it's such a beautiful city.

Pauline said...

prachtige updates, en wat een mooie foto's van Antwerpen!

Blogarchive