Copyright

© All pictures and text are mine. So please don't use them without my permission.


January 26, 2014

Winter, a shawl and some stitching

Today we have winter. Yesterday evening, all of a sudden, it started to snow and this morning this was what I saw when I looked out of my window.
The street
And the backyard
So I stayed home today. I know, it would be healthy if I'd go for a walk, but DH was at work the afternoon and I didn't want to go all by myself. So I curles myself up at the couch and did my Sunday project, the borders from Randje per Week.
After I finished my borders I took my NY quilt and did some quilting, in the meanwhile watching the video of our summer vacation of last year.
I have been doing quite some stitches last week. No progress picture, but that is to come!
There's also some progress on my shawl, Winter Dreams. Part four (of five) is finished. I hope I have enough yar, there's only 14 grams left now! The colour is a bit darker and I know you can't see the pattern yet. But that will be a surprise after blocking! I hope to have it done by next week.

4 comments:

Marne said...

So, is the shawl actually purple - it comes through here looking more like a dark pink. It is lovely!

I'm busy pinning a quilt (with back and batting) to get ready to do the quilting. I really hope to finish it to take to a friend we will see next week in California. Fingers crossed.
M.

Cindy's Stitching said...

I love the blue colors. At least you stitched. enjoy your week.

Corina said...

Mooie winterplaatjes! Ik hoop voor je dat het lukt om de laatste clue af te krijgen voor het garen op is. Mooie randjes!

Pauline said...

Het winterse weer noodde inderdaad uit tot een genoeglijk plekje op de bank met handwerken onder handbereik.
Je borduurwerk wordt leuk en je shawl wordt een hele verrassing, ik hoop dat je het haalt met die 14grammetjes!

Blogarchive