Copyright

© All pictures and text are mine. So please don't use them without my permission.


January 31, 2009

Winterexchange and MM&I RR


The winterexchange I stitched for Carin has arrived, so I can show it to y' all! It's a Nenne Design, but I have to admit I changed it a little bit. First of all I left behind the small hearts that are all over the piece, I only left a border on top and bottom. Second change is done by mistake. One little sheep is stepping out of line, call it the black sheep of the family. She steps out one row, so it is kind of a silent (but strong!) resistance to the rest of the family. A little bit like me, I suppose, LOL

And here is the first picture of my own RR, called 'My Family Town'. On top of the whole RR I decided to stitch an overview of the small villages you can find in our province. All they have is a church, some houses, farms, haystacks and sometimes a bakeryshop. They are surrounded by pastures, typical Dutch, in which cows and sheep are grazing, swallows in the air, a familiar picture to me. My father grew up in such a village, and I spent quite some childhood-holidays at my great-aunt's , living in the country.

I am planning to stitch this huge RR with some Prairie Schooler's, (seasons) in the four corners beneath the top village, and fill the space in with (important!) familyhouse, houses of friends, a bookshop, library, needleworkshop and whatever I like. Ponds, trees, a park are also included. I think this project will take lifetime, but who cares?


I also started with another big one, the Houses of Hawk Run Hollow. Liezbeth, owner of Crownstitches, had done a conversion to GAST, Gentle Art and Crescent Colors. I will get one part of the chart, in addition with the threads, a month. I already know I can't stitch one part a month, but no problem eh?No picture yet, all I did yesterday evening was the cadre of the first house.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your winter exchange piece is so lovely. I'm in awe of how much stitching you get done. And your work is all very beautiful.
Barb in TX

Unknown said...

Such lovely work and I cant wait to see the progress on the village your doing.

Blogarchive