Copyright

© All pictures and text are mine. So please don't use them without my permission.


May 23, 2017

About slipstitches, festivals and Xantippe

May is almost over. It seems to me the days are gone before I even wake up! I celebrated my 60th birthday (!) last week. When you search for 60 y o on google, the firts hits you get are about good whiskey and some about diet and exercise plan. I know what I prefer ;-)

At Nieuwpoort a wool festival took place. I took a class to knit slipstitches and make a button. Loret Karman, as I already knew, is a wonderful teacher. She asked me to make a combination with slipstitches and bohus stickning. I did, but I think it is a bit messy. I like the button a lot more!
At the Breidagen Donna Smith talked about living on the Shetland Islands, about knitting lace and Shetland patterns. Lots of inspiration!
Although it seems I have been away all the time, I  actually also was home for some days  and took some time to stitch . I really want to finish my Call of the Raven this year. I am confident I will.
Talking about finishes, my Xantippe is finished. Pattern Xanti by Hanna Maciejewska. I used a hand dyed yarn from Dibadu Funnies.

No comments:

Blogarchive