Copyright

© All pictures and text are mine. So please don't use them without my permission.


July 24, 2016

The story of a shawl

Some years ago I met a lovely woman. She (Y) and a friend of mine  (P) visited the Weversmarkt at Hoorn. We talked for a few moments and then our ways split.
Some time later I won a batt. but I didn't know how to spin. P told me Y could teach me. And so it all started. Our friendship and my spinning.
By the time felt confident in my spinning skills I spun some grey merino and started knitting Nae. After a while I ran out of grey yarn. I talked it over with a group of knitiing friends and thought it over.
Some things take a while. This week I added red to my grey shawl. and to create a more balanced shawl I added a picot border.

1 comment:

Nana's Quilts said...

Very nice, as usual. And grey is such a very current and trendy color. Bravo to you!
Marne

Blogarchive